Monday 22 November 2010

Goat Island, Niagara Falls

I'd love to tell you how i woke up early yesterday, and ran along a beautiful track along the Genesee river from Downtown Rochester, New York, south past the University and back, a really scenic 15km. But instead I banged at my alarm clock until it almost broke, and then turned over and slept until 8.30am, too late for the run. However, it looks like a GREAT little run.

But to make up for it, last night i ran round Goat Island, at Niagara falls, i think one of the most beautiful runs ive seen - Goat Island is probably (i didnt check) about 2km round, so you can do the circuits past the roaring Niagara Falls, which at dusk right now, in fall, is pretty amazing.

I can feel the backpack training beginning to pay off though, but i'll keep the weight down to 5kg (ie my 5 books in the backpack) and strenghten those little legs until December.

No comments:

Post a Comment