Friday 29 October 2010

NOVEMBER TRAINING SCHEDULE (OCTOBER TRAINING TARGETS - FAIL)

So now its the end of the month, i should have my Chi-Running technieque perfect. i Should be looking in the mirror at a chiseled torso. But of course i havent and i ament. My discipline and focus is horrendous. I ran 10km with a 8kg backpack on today and while it didnt really slow me down, I could feel that to go a long distance with a pack on, id need to develop my leg and lower back muscles - totally inconsistant with chi-running of course. So what to do? I suppose now next month, ill run all month with a lightish pack on, and try to build up the long miles that way. November isnt the warmest month in Estonia. In fact is downright depressing, and doubly so if your the kind of guy who needs to spend 67% of his spare time running in minus 3 with a backpack on.

Im making some 'to do' list for this month -

1. Run more than once or twice a week.
2. Run with backpack every run.
3. Eat normally (healthily will come in January - normally i mean like fruit and veg and not a Glaswegian diet) Try to avoid fish and chips, vodka and beer.
4. continue to improve technique

My aim at the end of this month will be to complete either this 80km ultrmarathon in Wales, without a backpack or, if im in USA on business, to do the las vegas marathon, with a backpack on.

I noticed nowadays the running road is pretty quiet - i see a few smug looking beanpoles running and overtaking me sometimes but when im going back for the next lap they are gone - part timers, one and all, i got this feelig they are the type of people who stop eating so they look thin, then run 5km fast and think they are athletes. Total tourists. mental note  -  future targets for being tripped up when im in better shape

No comments:

Post a Comment